Passion + Experience = Results
We strive to spark curiosity and genuine enthusiasm in our students and provide them with the opportunity and the support system to find their ‘hook’ and develop a passion and skill set that will set them apart.
The right path
With the acceptance rates of the nation’s top institutions dwindling every year, it’s no surprise that so many students and parents feel overwhelmed with anxiety about the college admissions process. It is our goal to put those anxieties to rest.
Our work at Command Education is informed by our founder’s four years as a research assistant at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, where a survey of 44,000 high schoolers found that the words they use most to describe how they feel at school are “Tired” (39%), “Stressed” (29%), and “Bored” (26%), but want to feel “Happy,” “Energized,” and “Excited.” We work with students to reduce stress and refocus their energy on what they are truly passionate and excited about. With our mentors supporting and encouraging them, our students feel confident in their accomplishments and abilities and are able to think of their education not as a stressful experience to endure but as a tool to be harnessed.
Focus on what really matters
We believe that every student, with the proper guidance, can be offered admission to a respected college of their choice and find their place in a campus community. Our counselors genuinely care about the students we work with and go to great lengths to ensure that they can confidently put their best foot forward. The college process represents a transformation into an independent young adult. The opportunity to seize your future in your own hands and essentially decide what path you will take in life can be terrifying to a high school student – and we’re here to help.
We want to help dispel the myths surrounding the process and focus on what really matters when it comes to admissions. We have written the essays, taken the tests, submitted the applications, received our acceptance letters – and we want to share what we learned with you.
At Command Education, our counselors work side-by-side with your child to:
- Refine their college list and select schools based on their unique strengths and interests
- Outline an intensive and holistic plan of study for academics as well as a personalized testing schedule
- Select extracurricular and summer activities specifically geared to highlight their distinctive talents
- Determine which schools to visit and learn how to make the most of their time there
- Practice and prepare for presenting their best self during a college interview
- Develop and polish a thorough resume to showcase their achievements to colleges and high-value internship programs
- Draft and refine a thoughtful personal essay that highlights their unique personality in a way that appeals to top-tier schools
- Assess offers of admission and most effectively respond to waitlist and deferral letters
We can assist students with any specific aspect of the college admissions process or be there to guide them throughout their entire high school career. Our full range of services as well as our diverse array of price points offers flexibility to families with specific needs or financial limitations.
“Selecting Chris and his team to help my daughter apply to the perfect college has been one of the best investments I have made. I want to pass on the good news that my daughter will be joining Wharton Class of 2019. We are over the moon!”— Parent of K.W., University of Pennsylvania Class of 2019