Top 10 College Baseball Programs
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Florida
- Texas Christian University
- University of Virginia
- University of South Carolina
- Oregon State University
- Louisiana State University
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (UNC)
Our Top 3 Tips For Getting Recruited In This Sport
- Pitchers need to develop velocity (90 mph is a magic number).
- Attend high-level showcases even if you have to travel (particularly Perfect Game events).
- Prioritize summer baseball—play on the most competitive team, even if that means traveling out of state (The summer before Junior Year is especially important for gaining recruiting traction)
When do coaches finalize their baseball rosters for college recruitment?
The NCAA has taken measures to prevent early recruiting, but coaches will always find ways to get unofficial verbal commitments from top players. Most coaches look to have their recruiting class finalized in the summer before senior year, but top programs often fill all of their open roster spots well before this!
Date Official Contact Begins for D1 Schools
September 1 of junior year
Number of Programs
NCAA DI: 299
NCAA DII: 274
NCAA DIII: 387
Number of D1 Scholarships
Men’s: 11.7 (can be divided between 27 players)
Links to Info/Important Resources
Baseball Recruiting Guide
Perfect Game (the number 1 scouting and recruiting company)
Antonelli Baseball – Tips for Class of 2021 Videos
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
– Rogers Hornsby, Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee