One-on-One Private Mentoring
Our mission is to spark curiosity and genuine enthusiasm towards a constructive passion that will form the critical building block of our students’ futures.
At Command Education, our experienced counselors have developed a keen eye for what makes an exceptional extracurricular list. We help choose activities that both reflect our students’ unique goals and interests and will demonstrate to admissions officers what role they’ll play on campus once admitted. We excel at discovering unique projects and opportunities for our students, from writing public policy proposals to founding their own nonprofits.
Admissions officers are looking for applications that show not only excellence, but the drive to be a self-starter and a go-getter. We help our students locate leadership opportunities in their schools and communities and provide guidance in taking those opportunities to the next level. Our students aren’t just class presidents — they are award-winning nonprofit founders, community organizers, political activists, and entrepreneurs.
It’s often an intimidating task to sum up one’s academic and professional experience onto one sheet of paper. Many students overlook the crucial process of crafting a proper resume.
At Command Education, our counselors will help you accurately and strategically present your experience to colleges as well as to potential employers.
The college interview may be the most feared part of the entire admissions process. Interview skills are vital for getting any job, internship, or offer of admission. We guide students through extensive prep and mock interviews to ensure they have the expertise and confidence and to let their personalities shine and leave a lasting impression.
As of June 2018, we have updated our service offerings. Our Premier Roadmap Packages are multi-year, extensive programs in which we guide our students to make the most of their high school careers. For seniors, we offer thorough guidance through the college application process, assisting in college selection, essay revisions, Common Application completion, and any necessary supplemental applications. Beyond these full-service options, we also offer specialized support through hourly packages, internship and research placement, and our in-person workshops.
Premier Roadmap Package
- For eighth graders, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors
- This 12-month package includes extracurricular and leadership development, non-profit development, resume and cover letter assistance, standardized testing timeline, assistance with applications for contests and awards, and course selection.
- These services are provided via text and email, edits and suggestions on essays and other documents, and up to two hours per month of private one on one consultation via video chat, phone call, or in-person meeting.
- Limited availability
Premier Senior Package
- This 10-month package (June-April) includes our five day College Application Boot Camp and unlimited consultations with a Senior Counselor.
- The primary focus of the package is to assist students with the selection of safety, match, and reach schools, form early decision and early action strategies, develop extracurricular activity lists, and ultimately with writing their Common Application essay and supplemental essays. Students may apply to as many schools as they choose.
- Limited availability. We encourage early registration as the package is not prorated and Boot Camp space is limited.
Athletic Recruitment Program
- This specialized version of the Premier Roadmap Package is designed for students who will be navigating the complex athletic recruitment process used by elite universities.
Waitlist & deferral services
- Work with our trained counselors to conduct a detailed post-mortem of your original application
- Strategize ways to counter any gaps and bolster weak spots with the perfect letter of continued interest
- Brainstorm concrete, creative action items to get the attention of admissions officers
Transfer application services
- This package is designed for current college freshmen and sophomores who would like to transfer to a different college or university.
- We will work with you to frame your college and high school experiences, complete the Common App for transfer students, make a list of suitable schools, and come up with the idea for and edit your main personal essay and any supplemental essays.
- Available as a stand-alone service or as an add-on to a senior or roadmap package.
- This service includes opportunity search, resume revision, cover letter assistance, and interview prep. We also use our extensive network of leading professionals to provide valuable insight and potential opportunities.
- Limited availability
1:1 Hourly Consulting
- Our services are available on an hourly basis, with a minimum purchase of five hours.
- During private one-on-one sessions, students can receive guidance on any aspect of the college application process, from essay revision to interview prep.
- Additional hours for roadmap package students are available at a high discount.
Get a Free Consultation
Fill out the form below and we will call you back to schedule an appointment for a Free Consultation.